Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman Friday announced key steps to boost the economy growth of Country.
Addressing a press meet, finance minister said India’s GDP continues to grow at a faster pace than the global economy and any other major economy. Reform is a continuous process for the government and it tops the agenda, she added.
- Banks will make home loans and auto loans cheaper.
- No enhanced surcharge on equity capital gains for foreign and domestic investors.
- All tax notices will be issued from a centralised system. All old tax notices will be taken up by October 1 or will be uploaded again through a centralised system.
- Aangel tax provision will be withdrawn for startups and their investors.
- Finance Minister has announced that all pending GST refunds due to MSMEs shall be paid within a span of 30 days.
- Finance Minister assures to remove the compliance difficulties.
- BS-IV vehicles purchased till March 2020 will remain operational for the entire period of registration. Both electric vehicles and liquid fuel-driven vehicles will continue to be registered.
- Two more sets of new announcements to come up in the near future